question

bestfighter17 avatar image
bestfighter17 asked

Listing Dedicated Servers as lobbies in Unreal Engine 5

Hello, I've created dedicated servers using Playfab, and I'm able to connect multiple clients to it via matchmaking and getting a ticket. Is there a way to find these servers as clients like a server browser and then connect to them? Can we use the lobby system from playfab and if so, do we need to create the lobby in the server build? What exactly is the process?

unrealCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bestfighter17 avatar image bestfighter17 commented ·

I'm doing it using blueprints and I assume its something like this? How do I get the Session ID?6833-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang bestfighter17 commented ·

ListMultiplayerServer will return the session id. 6836-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (119.2 KiB)
bestfighter17 avatar image bestfighter17 Infer Wang commented ·

I get this error when I try to call ListMultiplayerServers : LogPlayFab: Response : {"code":401,"status":"Unauthorized","error":"NotAuthorized","errorCode":1089,"errorMessage":"Only entities of the following types may call this API: title"} LogBlueprintUserMessages: [WBP_FindServer_C_0] NotAuthorizedOnly entities of the following types may call this API: title.

What can be done?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.