question

drew avatar image
drew asked

Cannot get InfoRequestParameters (title data) on RegisterPlayFabUser

hi,

I want to get the title data anytime a player creates an account or logs in. It works great using InfoRequestParameters on login, like this:

{
   "Email": "d33r88666658d@here.com",
   "Password": "thffassword",
   "TitleId": "{
                 {TitleId}}",
   "InfoRequestParameters": {
     "GetTitleData": true
     }
 }

However, when I try to do the same thing on RegisterPlayFabUser so I can get the title data on new account creation, it doesn't return the title data

{
   "Username": "t344554rr46fd",
   "Email": "d38876558rrrrrd@here.com",
   "Password": "thffassword",
   "TitleId": "{
                 {TitleId}}",
   "InfoRequestParameters": {
     "GetTitleData": true
     }  
 }

According to the docs, RegisterPlayFabUser should accept InfoRequestParameters. Any idea what is going on? https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/authentication/register-playfab-user?view=playfab-rest

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

RegisterPlayFabUser cannot get title data, this is by design. You can call Title-Wide Data Management - Get Title Data - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn after registering to get title data.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drew avatar image drew commented ·

thanks, you should update your docs, the current docs which I linked state that RegisterPlayFabUser CAN get title data

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang drew commented ·

Thank you for your feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.