question

Jade Bourque avatar image
Jade Bourque asked

Paypal error 10002

Its been three years since https://community.playfab.com/questions/57162/playfab-not-authorized-to-perform-action-on-given.html has been posted, an update hasn't been posted as far as I can see, I believe I'm having the same issue.

Title ID: 4882C

I swear payments were working not long ago, now I'm getting the following:

LogPlayFab: Request: {
     "CatalogVersion": null,
     "Items": [
         {
             "ItemId": "CustomMarkingToken",
             "Quantity": 1
         }
     ],
     "StoreId": null
 }
 LogPlayFab: Response : {"code":200,"status":"OK","data":{"OrderId":"AEF599E71D4403B","Contents":[{"ItemId":"CustomMarkingToken","ItemClass":"MarkingToken","ItemInstanceId":"558B2C7D88001309","DisplayName":"Custom Marking Token","VirtualCurrencyPrices":{"RM":500}}],"PaymentOptions":[{"Currency":"RM","ProviderName":"PayPal","Price":500,"StoreCredit":0},{"Curre
 ncy":"RM","ProviderName":"Test","Price":500,"StoreCredit":0}],"VirtualCurrencyBalances":{"FT":10,"PM":169}}}
 LogPlayFab: Request: {
     "Currency": "RM",
     "OrderId": "AEF599E71D4403B",
     "ProviderName": "PayPal",
     "ProviderTransactionId": null
 }
 LogPlayFab: Response : {"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"FailedByPaymentProvider","errorCode":1015,"errorMessage":"PlayFab not authorized to perform actions on given PayPal account.","errorDetails":{"ProviderErrorCode":["1"],"ProviderErrorMessage":["Error: 10002 - Restricted account"],"ProviderErrorDetails":[null],"ProviderOrderId":[null]}}

As far as I know, permissions are set up correctly, the flow of purchases is Start Purchase > Pay For Purchase > Confirm Purchase, with the error being thrown on pay for purchase.

6791-image.png 6782-image.png

I contacted paypal, but I was told:

I do apologize for this frustration. In this situation you will need to have Reference Transactions. Reference Transactions allow Sale or Authorization type transactions to use an existing transaction for future transaction data. Payflow looks up the reference transaction and copies its transaction data into the new Sale or Authorization transaction.

When Payflow looks up the reference transaction, it won’t change the referenced transaction or any other transaction in the database. Payflow only reads the reference transaction, and only the new transaction populates with the changed data. There’s no resulting link between the reference transaction and the new transaction.

Reference transactions aren’t allowed by default. Only your account administrator can enable reference transactions for your account.

Here's how your account administrator can enable reference transactions:

Click the Account Administration tab.

Click Manage Security.

Click the "Yes" radio button next to "Allow Reference Transactions."

Click Confirm.

I continue to be in contact with paypal, I've informed them that I do not have a payflow account and playfab doesn't have support for payflow.

Partner Add-ons
image.png (19.8 KiB)
image.png (65.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

We worked with PayPal to update our account and things should be resolved.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jade Bourque avatar image Jade Bourque commented ·

I can confirm things are working fine on my end again! Thank you! Paypal is still insisting that I need reference transactions enabled, but it seems I do not.

0 Likes 0 ·
gamedev-1 avatar image
gamedev-1 answered

I still cant process payments with PayPal, is it already resolved?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.