question

playcidestudio avatar image
playcidestudio asked

API Fetch questions

Hi. I'm right now using your service and almost hitted the 100k. So I decided to change to live status for my account.

But the problem is, the api seems to called a lot. I'm only using functions as -sliently login at start -> Get user account(get nickname here) -> Get title announcement [This action is called only one time when starting the app] -change nickname(resets by 24 hours chekcing by protected playerprefs and only 1 times per day) -report player in multiplayer(But not much of my players are playing the multiplayer)

But the api seems called too many. Like 3,000,000 per day but 7,795 logins. This doesn't seem possible... I'm not using any other functions.

My question is,

• Is there a way to check if player has logged in about 5~10 minutes(or short period) ago already, just let him logged in or pretend to be logged in?

• Also when I checked, Total errors were really high. For example, 5200 success and 200,000 errors. Does this make events called too many times and raise the pricing?

Thank you!

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

Is there a way to check if player has logged in about 5~10 minutes(or short period) ago already, just let him logged in or pretend to be logged in?

->Since PlayFab is stateless, it’s impossible to implement it in server side. For client side, you can record the time when players successfully log in. And judge it by using the current time minus the record time.

Also when I checked, Total errors were really high. For example, 5200 success and 200,000 errors. Does this make events called too many times and raise the pricing?

->You can use Data Explorer to search whether it contains the event that caused by error.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

playcidestudio avatar image playcidestudio commented ·

I looked into my code and find out why there were so many errors. Thanks for the answer!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.