question

John Peterson avatar image
John Peterson asked

Can Drop Tables have multiple instances of the same elements?

Title ID: 44B1

Dear PlayFab community,

I am exploring configuring Drop Tables. They look pretty dang sweet, but I've run into an issue that I can't seem to properly express with the Game Manager interface:

I have a handful of Drop Tables that are partitioned by Rarity (Rarity 0, Rarity 1, Rarity 2, etc.). In each of those Drop Tables, all of the items that are in that Rarity level have an equal chance of dropping.

Now I'd like to create a Drop Table that would include 3x Rarity 0, for example. I see that Drop Tables can include Items/Bundles/Containers/Drop Tables. However, it appears that they can only hold one unique instance at a time, and not multiples.

Is there any way to express what I'm hoping to accomplish?

Thanks in advance!

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

A drop table specifically returns one item. To return three items, you would put a Quantity of three on the bundle or container that has the drop table in it. To be clear, that would give the player three random draws from the table in question. If what you want to do is give the player three of the same item, you may want to use EvaluateDropTable and GrantItemsToUser in a Cloud Script, instead.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Peterson avatar image John Peterson commented ·

Oh...right, yeah, I see that what I meant to do was a combination of the Drop Table and a Bundle/Container. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.