question

Noxfall Studios avatar image
Noxfall Studios asked

Scheduled Task (Run Cloud Script function once) Fails

Hi all,

I have a Scheduled Task running once every day to update some TitleData. It usually works fine but ~10% of the times it's failing with no specific information (see attached screenshot). My code is running in a try catch and it has some logs that aren't being displayed. Is this a server related error when trying to run the task? or is it on my side? I have the feeling that the chance of error has increased since 2024...

Thanks, Fengos

6774-scheduled-task-failing.png

scheduled tasks
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

You may check whether the Cloud Script is executed by Scheduled Task by checking title_completed_task and title_scheduled_cloudscript_executed events in Data Explorer.

1 Like 1 ·
Noxfall Studios avatar image Noxfall Studios Xiao Zha commented ·

Thanks for your answer @Xiao Zha . I've checked them out, and as you can see in the attached screenshot the task is scheduled to be run daily at 00:00. The title_completed_task event appears the day it failed (Tuesday at 00:00, red arrow) but the title_scheduled_cloudscript_executed event didn't. You can also see that I manually ran the task a few hours later and both events were triggered (green arrow). Is there anything else we can check based on this information?

6777-title-completed-task-and-title-scheduled-cs-execut.png

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Sorry for the late reply, we found that around the time you encountered the problem, PlayFab had an incident, which may be the cause of your problem. While the incident has been resolved, if you still encounter the problem, please let us know and provide your Title Id.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Noxfall Studios avatar image Noxfall Studios commented ·

hi @Xiao Zha . It just happened again. Here is our Title ID: 8D3D8

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Noxfall Studios avatar image Noxfall Studios commented ·

No problem. We will keep an eye on this and if we encounter it again we will provide you the Title Id. Thank you!

Fengos

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.