question

Iida Yuma avatar image
Iida Yuma asked

Time limited catalog item (EconomyV2)

Is there any good way to setting up limited item which player can buy only certain time?

I tried to implement this with store. I setup catalog item without price setting. I apply new price in store and set up start date and end date in store data. I expected that item listed in the store can only be purchased from store start date to store end date through store. But I was able to buy item if I have store id since expired store data seems to be valid.

Do I need to update item price data when I want to disable purchasing? Thank you.

apisIn-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

We just noticed this store behavior the other day and consider it a bug. We have plans to prevent purchases from a store that is expired in the near future.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Iida Yuma avatar image Iida Yuma commented ·

Thank you for your reply, and I'm sorry for the late reply.

I'm glad to hear that this behavior will be changed soon.

This is very important when we prepare good store system in game!

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

I tested purchase item from store and the item doesn’t have end date, successful purchase. Then, I add end date(past time) for the item, it returns “cannot be purchased”. As tested, Store end date won’t influence purchase even the end date had passed. So, you can add end date for the limited item to meet your requests. 6766-image.png 6776-image.png

image.png (86.4 KiB)
image.png (84.2 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Iida Yuma avatar image Iida Yuma commented ·

Thank you for your reply, and I'm sorry for the late reply. I also tested the same case and that works fine.

Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.