question

Somasundara Pandian avatar image
Somasundara Pandian asked

server stats update is slow

I was using playfab api to get region server information. Which seems to have a long delay updates of around 10 - 20 seconds. Is that normal ? We are seeing similar delays in the gamemanager as well for the number of players . Our hearbeat is the default of 1 seconds.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

I have called UpdateBuildRegion API to update region and called GetBuild API to get the updated region information, there is almost no delay, even in the GameManager. May I know how you update the region information and how you get it? And the number of players in GameManager is update with the heartbeat. Since your heartbeat interval is 1s, it should not have much delay. Please remember that you need to refresh the page to view the latest number of connected players.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Somasundara Pandian avatar image Somasundara Pandian commented ·

Sorry was looking at other problems. But for the the region information it was the active servers that was being delayed. I was using the api to collate the active servers across regions for telemetry and the numbers were not consistent with our custom server heartbeat. FYI all the servers are in the same VM and are spun up as containers with 4 players. The player information is just going off GameManager. It does eventually show the correct numbers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Somasundara Pandian commented ·

There is some delay in the data display in the game manager.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.