question

John White avatar image
John White asked

Scheduled Task does not execute in launched title

I'm trying to manually reset my leaderboards with a scheduled task because the automatic reset time is not consistent. I'm using an Azure Function for this since the legacy cloud functions do not support the AdminAPI. When I set this up in my test title that is unlaunched it works fine - both manually running the task and using a cron string. In my launched title, however, the manual execution works fine but the scheduled task just never executes. It says the correct time for "Next run at" but it never runs at all - it's not listed in the Most Recent Task Executions and there is nothing listed for "Last run at"... it just never executed. I thought maybe this was something related to a default TZ configuration per-title but I don't see anything related to that.

scheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

I can't reproduce your issue, and since you're using the scheduled task to reset the leaderboard, then this issue could be related to the recent incidents: PlayFab Status - Player Statistics Processing Delay. In addition, you can check if you create a new scheduled task to execute another task (except resetting the leaderboard), will the new scheduled task be executed? Currently, this issue about statistic/leaderboard updates has been resolved. You can create a new task and try again to see if your scheduled task about resetting leaderboard can execute successfully. If your problem persists, please let us know.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.