question

fchb1239 avatar image
fchb1239 asked

Economy V2 UGC statistics

I'm currently working on a game with UGC. I'd like there to be a download/plays statistic on the UGC item.

Currently the idea is to update display properties each time a person downloads/plays the UGC item (VIA an Azure Function the user calls). However this seems inefficient and I am unsure if this updates with the LastModifiedDate everytime somebody downloads/plays (I assume it does).

In-Game Economy
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fchb1239 avatar image fchb1239 commented ·

Just found out I can't actually do this, because I can't call UpdateDraftItem from an entity that isn't the draft item owner. Not even the title entity.

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com fchb1239 commented ·

Title entities should be able to modify all items and draft items. What error are you seeing?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

In fact, the server entity has the ability to call the API UpdateDraftItem to update the player's owner ugc item. Do you receive any error message when updating the item? However, we still do not recommend that you calculate the number of downloads via updating the item display properties, because if multiple players download one ugc item and modify the display properties at the same time, then updating the display properties will have conflict issues. Currently, since PlayFab does not support this feature, you may need to use an external database (like Redis) to implement this functionality. In addition, PlayFab also provide a rating system to evaluate the ugc item. For more info, you can refer to Adding ratings to your content - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fchb1239 avatar image fchb1239 commented ·

I heard from a PlayFab developer on the Microsoft Game Dev Discord, that something like downloads and custom statistics is an idea that has been tossed around.

If you know anything, could you provide an ETA? Something like this would fit my application perfectly!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.