question

Hengstar Gong avatar image
Hengstar Gong asked

Inconsistency between daily leaderboard reset time and prizes grant time,Leaderboard daily reset time isn't consistent with the prize grant time

I have set up a daily reset Leaderboard and the corresponding Prize Tables for the Daily Challenge of my game. But I found out the prizes seemed to be granted at 12:08 AM as well as the daily rese. But the NextReset returned from Leaderboard API was 12:00 AM. I also found the players were still able to upload statistics during the 8 minutes' gap. The problem was the reset time countdone was over which was awkward. Is it something unavoidable? Is their an easy solution to make it work as expected?,I have set up a Daily Challenge for my game with a daily reset Leaderboard. I have also set up the Prize Tables which worked fine. But I found out the prizes seemed to be granted at 12:08-12:09 as well as the daily reset. But the NextReset returned from Leaderboard API is 12:00 AM. I also found the player could still update their statistics after the reset countdown was over which was really confusing. Is it something unavoidable? What's the best pratice to make this work as expected?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Based on the size of your Leaderboard, the resetting may take more time. So do Prize Table. You could take a look in Data Explorer to check the delay between resetting and prizes giving. If you want to reset leaderboard at custom time, you can use Scheduled Tasks to call Player Data Management - Increment Player Statistic Version - REST API (PlayFab Admin) | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.