question

redmachinegames avatar image
redmachinegames asked

Can we create in-app for ok.ru using Firebase and Playfab?

They are using service callback in vk.com and in ok.ru as far as I know.

apisIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you clarify the question? Our Terms of Service spell out the only things we restrict, in terms of application types: https://playfab.com/terms/. Unless the game or app is doing something we specifically prohibit, there's no issue with using PlayFab in it.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

redmachinegames avatar image redmachinegames commented ·

I received a response from ok.ru -

Purchases inside games in ok.ru work through callbacks, so if using these platforms you can implement the functionality of receiving HTTP requests from our service with the delivery of the expected response, then you can use them.

So can I get this done with Playfab?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan redmachinegames commented ·

There's nothing that would prevent you from making Web API calls to an external service via Cloud Script, but it's not clear what they mean concerning their implementation. Callbacks are in response to the call made from the client. How are the calls made to their service to start?

Also, I should point out that unless the integration with the payment provider in question is done directly in the PlayFab service code, there would be no purchase events for payments made, and it would not integrate with the catalog in our service. Assuming they provide a Web API interface, you would need to call it in Cloud Script, and then grant players the items purchased in the Cloud Script.

If you'd like to talk to us about a custom development contract to add ok.ru directly as a payment provider, feel free to contact us at devrel@playfab.com, and we can give you a cost estimate for that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.