question

CyberLight Game Studio avatar image
CyberLight Game Studio asked

OSS PayFab Party/Lobby/Matchmaking Questions

Hello, I have a few questions about the Online subsystem PlayFab (OSS PayFab) for the unreal engine.

1. Do I understand correctly that due to the limitations of the unreal engine SessionInterface in OSS PlayFab, team matchmaking is not possible? That is, you cannot gather players at a party and find a game for them.

2. Is it possible to create 2 parties at the same time in OSS PlayFab?

3. What is the best way to implement a team voice chat? To do this, do you need to add each team to a separate party? And what should I do if I want to make an optional general voice chat, both teams must be in the same party.

4. Are there features that PlayFab OSS supports but PlayFab C++ SDK does not support? For example, as far as I understand, OSS PlayFab contains the Party SDK and some functionality for interacting with Xbox Live.

5. Is it necessary to create a lobby for matchmaking, or will it be enough to add players to the party?

In general, the most important thing I want to understand is which SDK (OSS PlayFab or PlayFab C++) to choose to create such a sequence:

1. Friends in the main menu of the game are added to the group via invite. Get group voice chat.

2. Friends join the game through matchmaking. They receive optional team and optional general voice chat while retaining the ability to communicate privately in their group.

3. The game ends and they are again in the same group in the main menu of the game.

FriendsMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

Is it necessary to create a lobby for matchmaking, or will it be enough to add players to the party?

• Whether a lobby is necessary depends on the game's design. Lobby is used to group players going into matchmaking or for connecting players after a match is found.

In general, the most important thing I want to understand is which SDK (OSS PlayFab or PlayFab C++) to choose to create such a sequence

• You may choose the OSS PlayFab since you want to implement voice chat.

We’re investigating the other problems, thanks for your patience.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.