question

Marcel Ernst avatar image
Marcel Ernst asked

Ticket size affects Backfill Tickets

Hi,

I have a matchmaking queue with 2-4 players. If less than 4 players are matched, the server should create a backfill ticket, but the ticket size also affects server backfill tickets, is that correct? I see no reason why, as it can only be created by trusted servers...

sdksmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

Yes, for example your ticket size is 3, then the backfill ticket will contain no more than 3 entities. Backfill ticket is similar to regular matchmaking ticket, it will be influenced by queue configuration.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst commented ·

I don't really see a reason why a backfill ticket should be affected by the ticket size setting, as it's a completly different scenario when a server searches for more players.

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang Marcel Ernst commented ·

The purpose of using backfill tickets is to search players for queue, it’s essentially a ticket, and ticket itself has no attribute about how many tickets to match, this is depended by queue’s configuration. Or did you mean Interactions with the Team Ticket Size Similarity Rule? This is ignored as document described. 6659-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (26.9 KiB)
Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst Infer Wang commented ·

I meant why backfill tickets are affected by the ticket size setting of the queue, as this setting should be a way to keep clients away from queueing with too many other players, not for holding back servers from creating proper backfill tickets.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.