question

Marcel Ernst avatar image
Marcel Ernst asked

"The ticket is already completed" in backfill ticket

Hi,

I have a matchmaking queue with a minimum amount of 2 players and a maximum amount of 4 players. The match should be able start with two players and a backfill should fill the rest, if the match is not already full.

So when another player is matched with a backfill ticket, I have to start another one to fill the last spot. When I cancel the matched backfill ticket, so the match members are "free" for the new backfill ticket, I receive an error The ticket is already completed. After receiving this error I also receive two Canceled messages, which I assume are the two successfully cancelled messages for the two players I started the backfill ticket with.

When I directly start another backfill ticket I also receive a MatchmakingTicketMembershipLimitExceeded error. Am I handling this scenario incorrectly?

sdksmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Please note that once a matchmaking ticket has been successfully matched, it’s considered completed and cannot be cancelled. If you’re trying to cancel a ticket that’s already been matched, you’ll receive the error “The ticket is already completed”. The error “MatchmakingTicketMembershipLimitExceeded” occurs when a user is a member of too many backfill tickets, whether the regular matchmaking ticket or backfill ticket, users can only have one ticket per queue at any one time. In your case, you want to use the backfill ticket to fill the rest two players, then you don’t need to cancel any ticket, you just need to create one backfill ticket and then wait for them matched.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst commented ·

In my described scenario only one player is matched with the backfill ticket and I have to start another one, but I either have to cancel the previous backfill ticket or cancel the ticket for each player individually despite the previous ticket already being matched.

I think this is a bug... as you said the "matched" ticket is completed and thus the players should no longer exceed the membership limit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi Marcel Ernst commented ·

As Matchmaking - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn mentions that “The matchmaking service will attempt to fill the match to the max size provided, but if insufficient tickets are available a match of the minimum size can be generated”. So, if you have a large enough number of players in your matchmaking pool, then you should only need to create one backfill ticket to find the remaining 2 players. In the scenario you described, if only one player is matched with the backfill ticket, then you don’t need to cancel any ticket, you just need to create another backfill ticket with the previous three people, and then wait for them matched.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst Neils Shi commented ·

That's what I do, but I get an MatchmakingTicketMembershipLimitExceeded error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.