question

Jyri Saukkonen avatar image
Jyri Saukkonen asked

Steam bound ports that can't be reassigned

Steam needs 2 ports in the range of 27000-27100 to be open for master server implementation to work properly.

I have these ports binded in a container, but I have no way of telling Steam that I it should use the 30000> range that Playfab binds to it.

Is there any way to force playfab to pick ports from specific range? Or what's the correct way to implement this? I can't be only one who's working with Steamworks enabled game on Playfab?

apisAuthenticationsupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

As Connecting clients to game servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn mentions that the IP addresses used by the multiplayer VMs are drawn from the general pool of IP addresses used by Azure VMs, and all VMs use a port range of 30000-31000 for game traffic. But as you mentioned that Steam needs 2 ports in the range of 27000-27100. Currently, PlayFab doesn't support forcing port picking from a specific range, you may post a feature request for it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.