question

yogev avatar image
yogev asked

Facebook leaderboards

Hey, about facebook leaderboards

Where should I start looking to implement facebook friends leaderboard?

and does it use playfab API calls or the leaderboard limit ?

thank you

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

You could use GetFriendLeaderboard API to get all friends in a Leaderboard, and then filter out Facebook friends based on whether these friends are linked to a Facebook account. Please remember that they all should have the same player statistic (key) for the leaderboard.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yogev avatar image yogev commented ·

thank you, just to do so I need to create 1 big leaderboard and then the client filters it by getting GetFriendLeaderboard ?

if I don't use the playfab add friends etc will GetFriendLeaderboard catch only his Facebook friends?

and when they invite friends do I need to use the playfab addfriend API to add them or its auto?

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha yogev commented ·

You need to create a leaderboard based on a statistic, refer to Tournaments & Leaderboards - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, and all player with the same statistic will be counted in this LeaderBoard include all your friends. Then you call GetFriendLeaderboard API to get all your friends in the Leaderboard first, then you can filter out the Facebook Friends.

If players are Facebook friends, they will be automatically added as PlayFab friends when they log in to PlayFab using their Facebook account. And if you don't manually add any friends in PlayFab , GetFriendLeaderboard API will catch only your friends in Facebook. Please remember that they all should have the same player statistic (key) for the leaderboard.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.