question

yjkim avatar image
yjkim asked

Economy V2 - Update Published Items

I tried to modify the data of published items using the updateDraftItem function, but encountered an error stating 'An item with the same ID already exists'. Does this mean that I can't directly modify the data of published items using updateDraftItem? If so, it seems necessary to have an API call that can revert the status of a published item back to draft, but I can't find such a feature. How can I modify the data of currently published items using an API?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

No. You should be able to update an item as many times as you need to. Are you trying to change an AlternateId on the item? For example, are you changing the FriendlyId or a Marketplace one? If one of those AlternateIds is already in use by another item you might get this error.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.