question

cadeng3ds avatar image
cadeng3ds asked

Questions about backfill tickets

I want to create a matchmaking system where 2 players connect to a room, and then other players that are in matchmaking join that room until its full, and then a new room is created. I have the client matchmaking ticket stuff working, but I can't understand how to implement backfill tickets.

1. Should I pick a random person in my room to call the cloudscripts that create the backfill tickets?

2. Can a backfill ticket matchmake all the players needed to fill up the room or does a new one need to be made each time a player joins thru the backfill ticket?

I'm using Unity and I'm using Normcore for my servers

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

You may refer to this document about backfill.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cadeng3ds avatar image cadeng3ds commented ·

I've already read that i still dont understand

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang cadeng3ds commented ·

Only server can create backfill ticket, you may call Authentication - Get Entity Token - REST API (PlayFab Authentication) | Microsoft Learn first and then call Matchmaking - Create Server Backfill Ticket - REST API (PlayFab Multiplayer) | Microsoft Learn. Whether you need to create a new backfill ticket depends on the queue. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.