question

Stefan Todorov avatar image
Stefan Todorov asked

Excessive Response Time for PlayFab Server API Calls

6602-screenshot-2023-11-28-155623.png

I am writing to report and seek clarification on an issue we are experiencing with the PlayFab server's response times. We have noticed that some API calls, are taking longer than expected to return a response, often exceeding one minute as per our internal logging. This has resulted in our functions timing out, severely impacting our service performance. Our setup consist of azure functions which execute theese calls to playfab server.

Attached is a screenshot of the code segment used to measure the response times, along with a sample log entry highlighting the problem:

stopwatch.Restart();
 if (internalData.Any()) {
     var result = await PlayFabServerAPI.UpdateUserInternalDataAsync(new UpdateUserInternalDataRequest() {
         PlayFabId = playfabId,
         Data = internalData
     });

if (log != null) {
         log.LogInformation($"SetPlayerData UpdateUserInternalDataRequest initial took {stopwatch.Elapsed}");
         log.LogInformation($"SetPlayerData UpdateUserInternalDataRequest Error {result.Error}");
     }
 }

As per the logs, the response time recorded was 00:01:00.0402753, which is significantly beyond normal expectations. Could you please help us understand if this is a known issue, and whether there are any ongoing outages or performance degradations with the PlayFab services?

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

There have indeed been timeout-related incidents in the past few days. Could you please tell me how long has this issue been occurring?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Stefan Todorov avatar image Stefan Todorov commented ·

@Infer Wang We have it more more than a month and it continues. I think once per 3 000 requests behaves like this.

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com Stefan Todorov commented ·

Is it always about 1 minute (if I read that timestamp correctly) when it fails? That's a good clue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.