question

ryan avatar image
ryan asked

Photon to Playfab webhooks not firing

We've had an issue going on this year that we haven't been able to figure out. We started trying to use the Photon events in our cloudscript, but were noticing those events weren't firing. We were just using it at the time for extra logging, so we just let it go and moved on.

Later this year, we stood up a new app on playfab to use for dev/testing a major new release of the game and things seemed to work fine for those same photon events. We thought we had fixed the issue through our updates.

When we pushed our new update live this weekend to our production app (C1B3), we are still running into the issue there with photon events not firing correctly. This is causing some erorrs in our script where the script expects a roomID to be present (set via the Photon events).

I did some more searching and found the issue below, is it possible our C1B3 app is in the same state?

https://community.playfab.com/questions/12319/problem-with-photon-playfab-web-hook-integration.html

CloudScriptphotonwebhooks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Aha - when you first mentioned this, I thought you were talking about a newly-created Title ID, in which case that couldn't be the issue. But you are correct - this is a very old Title ID, and it predates the Photon webhook setup, so that was the issue. I've updated everything with the correct configuration, so you should be fine now.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ryan avatar image ryan commented ·

Brendan- That definitely resolved the issue, but now we aren't able to get multiplayer matches going. Everyone sits waiting for a player to join their room, but no one ever gets connected. Any idea if what you tweaked could have impacted that? We have not made any other changes.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ryan commented ·

I've updated the webhook access key (part of the base webhook URL). Can you see if that unblocks you?

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan avatar image ryan brendan commented ·

That seems to have fixed it! We are able to join rooms again, and are seeing the correct event callbacks in our Cloudscript. Thanks!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.