question

Joel Auterson avatar image
Joel Auterson asked

Test WebAPI key for Steam auth?

Hi all,

I'm currently evaluating PlayFab's Steam authentication. Steam provides an app ID (480, AKA the infamous "SpaceWar") that can be used for testing, and with this I can retrieve a session token for a user.

However, it seems PlayFab also requires a WebAPI key that has to be obtained from the SteamWorks group page. I'm not a registered Steam partner yet - we're still in the evaluation and prototyping stage. Is there a way to obtain a WebAPI key for SpaceWar that I can use to test Steam auth?

Cheers,

Joel

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, no. Our integration with Steam uses their Web API, for which you much provide a key for your title. Which, in turn, means you do need to have a title of your own in Steamworks. However, Valve has made it extremely simple to get signed up, so you shouldn't have any problems getting your own app ID and key.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.