question

devoted avatar image
devoted asked

Catalog Item "screenshot"-type images not appearing in UnityAPI

Whenever I upload and use images set as "screenshots" in my CatalogItems, they will not show up in CatalogItem objects downloaded through UnityAPI. Images set as "thumbnails" work fine and can be retrieved in Unity.

This is troublesome since — for no apparent reason — Playfab limits CatalogItems to just one Thumbnail-type image. Even if the documented limit for images is 100 for each Item, this makes it useless as long as I can only use one of them.

In the example below, Unity will report an empty Images list from the CatalogItems object because there's no file set as thumbnail in the Playfab console.

6527-captura-de-tela-2023-11-16-as-65456pm.png

apisunity3dIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

If you're using SearchItems you will need to set the Select parameter to load screenshots (and other additional data).

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/economy-v2/catalog/search#select

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devoted avatar image devoted commented ·

Sorry for the oversight, that was exactly the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

Could you please tell me which UnityAPI did you use?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.