question

Hsiao-chun avatar image
Hsiao-chun asked

JoinMatchmakingTicket failed with 0x89236310 error

Hello, I'm trying to get multiple user ticket matchmaking to work. I have followed the steps described in https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/quickstart#multiple-user-ticket-matchmaking, but have been getting a weird "the timeout elapsed without the service completing the ticket 0x89236310" error.

Steps to reproduce: 1) Player A starts a lobby 2) Player B joins A's lobby 3) Player A calls CreateMatchmakingTicket, with localPlayer being himself, and MembersToMatchWith being B. A's ticket status turns to WaitingForPlayers. 4) On receiving the ticket, A passes the ticket id to B via lobby property. 5) On receiving the ticket (via lobby), B calls JoinMatchmakingTicket with the ticket id, himself as the player. 6) Ticket status becomes WaitingForMatch for both A and B. (Till this part everything looks normal). 7) About 10 seconds later, B receives "the timeout elapsed without the service completing the ticket 0x89236310" error, and the ticket status becomes Failed. 8) Meanwhile A's ticket status remains, until a normal 120 second timeout.

The queue config is as following: - match size: 2 ~ 20 - ticket size: 10 (left empty does not change anything) - Two teams, each with size 1 ~ 10 - No rules, not enabling server allocation.

Note that if A and B each queue individually, it works normally. A and B would end up being placed in an arranged lobby.

We're using Unity 2023.1.13 and playfab-multiplayer.1.4.2.0-main.0-11.05.2022.unitypackage. I tried to search for this error but could not find anything. Would appreciate any help!

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

I noticed there is a bug fix for an issue that matchmaking operations started by JoinMatchmakingTicket will be timed out prematurely, could you please use the latest PlayFab Lobby and Matchmaking Unity SDK (playfab-multiplayer.1.6.2.0-main.0-08.03.2023.unitypackage) and try again to check if the problem persists?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.