question

Mohsen Jamali avatar image
Mohsen Jamali asked

Virtual currency is not logged in Data Explorer

Hi

Virtual currency changes are not logged in Data Explorer anymore. This is an important piece of information about users. Event id : player_virtual_currency_balance_change

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Could you check if you have enabled the Event Sampling feature? If the sampling rate of the event "player_virtual_currency_balance_changed" is not 100%, then you may not be able to query this event in Data Explorer.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mohsen Jamali avatar image Mohsen Jamali commented ·

Thank you that was the issue for me

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Could you tell us more details about your scenario? In my tests, when a player's virtual currency balance changed, the event “player_virtual_currency_balance_changed” successfully generated and it records the change of virtual currency like below. In addition, I was able to query this event in Data Explorer, and it also records the virtual currency change. Please note that this event is a Legacy Economy event, if you are using Economy v2, then this event will not be triggered.

{
       "EventName": "player_virtual_currency_balance_changed",
       "VirtualCurrencyName": "GD",
       "VirtualCurrencyBalance": 3500,
       "VirtualCurrencyPreviousBalance": 1000,
       "EventNamespace": "com.playfab",
       "EntityType": "player",
       "Source": "PlayFab",
       "TitleId": "B88xx",
       "EntityId": "7FA12B1xxxxxxxx",
       "EventId": "af077864437341bf97xxxxxxxxxxxxx",
       "SourceType": "BackEnd",
       "Timestamp": "2023-11-16T01:59:44.2268515Z",
       "PlayFabEnvironment": {
             "Vertical": "master",
             "Cloud": "main",
             "Application": "gamemanager",
             "Commit": "ea8643e"
       }
 }
10 |1200

Mohsen Jamali avatar image
Mohsen Jamali answered

Hi If you take a look at any player and filter the event "player_virtual_currency_balance_changed", you don't see anything recorded even though you can see that happening in the playstream. It doesn't exist in the plots either. I have attached some screenshots to illustrate the issue6540-explorer.png.6528-player.png

explorer.png (113.1 KiB)
player.png (86.1 KiB)
3 comments
10 |1200

Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi commented ·

Please note that Data Explorer has some latency, it doesn't immediately show the record of the event "player_virtual_currency_balance_changed" like playstream monitor. After a while, I was able to query the record of this event in the Data Explorer (basic) of the player page.

6547-data-explorer.png

0 Likes 0 ·
data-explorer.png (35.5 KiB)
Mohsen Jamali avatar image Mohsen Jamali Neils Shi commented ·

I still can't query the player_virtual_currency_balance_changed. There is no such event in player events

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi Mohsen Jamali commented ·

Could you check if you have enabled the Event Sampling feature? If the sampling rate of the event "player_virtual_currency_balance_changed" is not 100%, then you may not be able to query this event in Data Explorer.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.