question

ignat-nee avatar image
ignat-nee asked

Playfab Matchmaking Player Joined error

Cheers!
I asked same question several weeks ago, but i can't edit previous question, so i asked it again. But here a link if it needed: previous question

When i'm call PlayerJoined

method, it's return error instead responce, but if im looking into multyplayer dashboard, i'm can see than my user has sucessfully added. Otherwise, if im called PlayerLeft method, player has kicked with nice responce.

You suggest to me use RedeemMatchmakerTicket method, but it' return Game Not Found error.

Otherwise, i decide to use Start game method, but it's return me error, because i can't properly get ExternalMatchmakerEventEndpoint property.

Also i'm can't use Wireshark, because my game sever instances work on windows.

What can i do?

Kind regards.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you are using our matchmaker, you should be using RedeemMatchmakerTicket, rather than PlayerJoined. If you're using your own matchmaker, you would use PlayerJoined. If you're getting GameNotFound on a call to RedeemMatchmakerTicket, that would mean that the ticket being sent doesn't match any active game server instance you're running. That, and the fact that you're using the Matchmaker/StartGame API both imply that you're not using our matchmaker. Can you please clarify a) where are the servers being hosted - PlayFab or elsewhere? b) what matchmaker are you using, and if it's not the PlayFab matchmaker, where is it hosted?

Also, Wireshark works fine on Windows - both standard and server versions. We regularly use it to get captures on Windows machines. Here's a link to where you can download a Windows version: https://www.wireshark.org/#download.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ignat-nee avatar image ignat-nee commented ·

We are using our custom external servers. Today for testing we launch servers on our machines, and test it by local network, in the future servers intsances will be running on virtual machines.
Playfab only used for adding servers to list by Register Game method, and recieving it on clients by Get Current games method.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ignat-nee commented ·

Okay, so you're using external game servers following this guide (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/external-game-servers), yes? Using that system, if you want to use GetCurrentGames and pick which game server the player is to join, you would make that call to get the list, pick a game, then use Matchmake with the server's LobbyId to get a matchmaker ticket. Pass that to the server when the client connects, and use RedeemMatchmakerTicket to complete the join operation.

0 Likes 0 ·
ignat-nee avatar image ignat-nee brendan commented ·

Greetings!
Ticket recieved on client after matchmaked method is really helped with Redeem ticket - now it's return "success", and tell me than ticket is valid. But even after this steps Player Joined method return 400 error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.