question

dreamteamadmin avatar image
dreamteamadmin asked

[ UnitTest ] May I know can I run a unit testing for testing playfab SDK or API?

Can I stress test the playfab SDK or API? Do you will block an IP if many request come from same IP address?

Here is my few unit test: 1. Creating a new user, check NewlyCreated and if yes I will run the Azure Function for Registration and Creating Default Data for the user 2. Checking user Daily Login 3. Refresh Quest Daily 4. Refresh Quest Monthly 5. Refresh Quest Weekly 6. Update title data

6496-unittest1.png

unity3dsdks
unittest1.png (108.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

We won’t block an IP if many request come from same IP address. But to protect all the titles and services, some APIs (such as Login API) have rate limit based on the IP. Therefore, if your test reaches the API rate limit, you will get “limit exceeded” error.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dreamteamadmin avatar image dreamteamadmin commented ·

but if we have different account playfab in the same IP should be no problems right? we have multiple projects and we don't want to use same account because we want to split our billings

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha dreamteamadmin commented ·

As I mentioned above, some APIs (such as the Login API) have IP-based rate limits. So, whether you use a different playfab account or not, once your test sends too many API requests (which have the IP-based rate limits) from same IP address and reaches the API rate limit, you will get "limit exceeded" error.

0 Likes 0 ·
dreamteamadmin avatar image dreamteamadmin Xiao Zha commented ·

Okay got it. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.