question

Ben avatar image
Ben asked

Connecting client(s) to LocalMultiplayerAgent

I'm using the Unreal Lyra sample game and trying to add multiplayer using PlayFab. I was able to get the Local Multiplayer Agent running for the server but how do I connect the Lyra clients? Ideally I'd be able to spawn multiple clients and be in the same game.

unrealmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

As Setting Up Dedicated Servers in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation mentions that Unreal Engine (UE) uses the client-server model for network multiplayer games. One server acts as the host for the game while players connect to the host as clients. And since the Unreal Lyra sample is a simple game project instead of a multiplayer game project, and PlayFab GSDK or LocalMultiplayerAgent doesn’t provide an ability to connect to the server. You may refer to the Unreal Setting Up Dedicated Servers tutorial, and then uses the Lyra Starter Game as a base for setting up the dedicated server and clients. For more info, you can also refer to playfab-docs/playfab-docs/features/multiplayer/servers/server-sdks/unreal-gsdk/third-person-mp-example-project-setup.md at docs · MicrosoftDocs/playfab-docs · GitHub.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.