question

abedassa avatar image
abedassa asked

Creating a Multi-Profile System in PlayFab with Unity: Need Guidance

I'm working on a project in Unity that involves implementing user profiles with PlayFab. I want to create a system where a single user account can have multiple profiles, each with its own data and statistics (the same as Netflix). How can I set up and manage this multi-profile system in PlayFab using Unity? Any guidance or best practices would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

In your case, you can use PlayFab Character feature to achieve what you want. In PlayFab, a single user can have multiple characters, each character can store their own data. And to distinguish character data, each character is given a unique CharacterId after you call the API GrantCharacterToUser to grant the character to users. Then you can use this CharacterId to read or write data specific to that character. For example, you can call API UpdateCharacterData/GetCharacterData with the CharacterId to update or retrieve the specific character’s data or call the API UpdateCharacterStatistics to update the specific character’s statistic.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.