question

hanai avatar image
hanai asked

Regarding in-game currencies that can be used commonly across multiple platforms.

I would like to implement an in-game currency that can be used commonly across multiple platforms, like Fortnite's V-Bucks. Can this be achieved with PlayFab's "Virtual Currency"?

I am worried about the following. ・For example, can you purchase "Virtual Currency" using a PlayStation Store Ticket for PlayStation or an Xbox Prepaid Card for Xbox? ・Can I use only the "Virtual Currency" function (without using the store function)?

support
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

>> I would like to implement an in-game currency that can be used commonly across multiple platforms, like Fortnite's V-Bucks. Can this be achieved with PlayFab's "Virtual Currency"?

Yes, PlayFab Virtual Currency (VC) supports used commonly across multiple platforms. For Economy V1 VC, you may refer to Manage Virtual Currencies in Economy (Legacy) - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. For Economy V2 VC, you may refer to Economy v2 Virtual Currency Quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

>> I am worried about the following. ・For example, can you purchase "Virtual Currency" using a PlayStation Store Ticket for PlayStation or an Xbox Prepaid Card for Xbox? ・

Due to NDA policy, Xbox and PlayStation related questions shouldn't be discussed in the public forum. Please follow the instructions on Paid Technical Support - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to contact us. And PlayFab support real money payment integration:

1. Receipt validation and console entitlement checks: this is done by verifying the receipts/entitlements following the standards defined by the payment provider along with some additional check in our service to detect abuse. We offer integrations for IOS, Google Play, PSN, Xbox, etc. You can find the full list in this API Ref section: Platform Specific Methods - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn for EconomyV1 and Fraud prevention, redemption, receipt validation - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn for EconomyV2.

2. Non-receipt/entitlement payment processing, currently we support Facebook, Steam, PayPal and Xsolla. Payments are verified by the payment provider directly and will notify our service once that’s done. You may refer to Non-Receipt Payment Processing in Economy (Legacy) - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

>> Can I use only the "Virtual Currency" function (without using the store function)?

What do you mean by “use only the "Virtual Currency" function”? May I know the specific scenario you want to achieve?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hanai avatar image hanai commented ·

What do you mean by “use only the "Virtual Currency" function”? May I know the specific scenario you want to achieve?

Stores want to use the platform's stuff. If possible, I would like to only use PlayFab's "Virtual Currency" to manage point balances (charges and payments). Is it possible to use only PlayFab's "Virtual Currency" without using PlayFab's "Store"? (I'm wondering if PlayFab's "Virtual Currency" is dependent on "Store")

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha hanai commented ·

PlayFab's "Virtual Currency" feature is not dependent on "Store", you can only use PlayFab's "Virtual Currency" to manage point balances.

1 Like 1 ·
hanai avatar image hanai Xiao Zha commented ·

Ok, thanks.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.