question

Ahmed Adel avatar image
Ahmed Adel asked

How to register my own UE4 Dedicated server using PlayFab so Clients can see it? (Lobbies?)

Hi, I've my own UE4 dedicated servers hosted online. I just need the clients to be able to see them and join any one of them. I though about using Playfab Lobbies but even when the player join's a hosted lobby he won't join the owner of the lobby (the Server)! I though about adding the server IP & Port info to the lobby's Data so once player join's the lobby he can access the server IP:Port and connect to server. but I was unable to extract the server IP & Port in UE4 server instance! Am I missing something here? Does Playfab support custom server registration?

unrealCustom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

From my understanding, you have your own UE4 dedicated servers hosted online, but not using PlayFab MPS to host your server, and now you want to have something like a list of server instances for players to select and join the server. So, you choose to create PlayFab Lobby on your servers, and then you want to put the server IP and port into Lobby Data so that players can join the lobby and join the server using the IP and port. But now you cannot get the server IP & Port in UE4 server instance. If I understand correctly, since you are not hosting your own UE4 dedicated server on PlayFab MPS and we are not experts in UE, you may consider consulting the UE support team to know how to get the IP and port in UE4 server instance. If I understand incorrectly, please feel free to let me know.

In addition, PlayFab doesn’t provide such feature for you to resister your custom server.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ahmed Adel avatar image Ahmed Adel commented ·

Hi Xiao Zha. Thanks for the answer. I already managed to get the IP and port. but I have a problem creating the lobby from the dedicated server. always responds with code: 401 NotAuthenticated , This API method does not allow anonymous callers. I already set my game title Id, PlayFab Sevret API Key, Production URL. I execute GetEntityToken and then AuthenticateGameServerWithCustomID. and here is my createLobby function. and the request content. 6457-image.png 6458-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (162.5 KiB)
image.png (32.5 KiB)
Ahmed Adel avatar image Ahmed Adel commented ·

Hi Xiao thanks for your answer. I managed to get my IP:Port. but I still having issue creating the lobby from the server. I already set the API secret key & I execute "get Entity Token" then "Authenticate Game Server With Custom Id" so I could grab the game_Server Entity and pass it to the create lobby request. But I still get Error 1074 "NotAuthenticated" "This API method does not allow anonymous callers." I could Create the Lobby with client entity. but can't do it with server entity!

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Ahmed Adel commented ·

There seem to have an issue with the PlayFab plugin code in PlayFabAuthentication.cpp, we are still working on it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.