question

jj-1 avatar image
jj-1 asked

Disconnections occur during low framerate when loading assets in Unity (Nintendo Switch)

We are having an issue where when the loading screen is brought up and the game is loading assets in the background players get disconnected from the lobby. I'm assuming that it causes some communication timeout to get triggered. Is there a workaround for this? A way to increase the communication timeout duration? Maybe a way that network communication could be on another thread?

We are working with the Unity SDK and Nintendo Switch. Thanks in advance for any help!

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

Due to non-disclosure agreement (NDA), questions related to Nintendo Switch cannot be discussed in the public forum. You can ask this issue in Nintendo Switch forum or submit a support ticket to contact us.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jj-1 avatar image
jj-1 answered

I assume this isn't really related to Nintendo Switch but more on any system that is relatively not very powerful where loading assets may cause a frame to take so long that Playfab times out the connection.

1 comment
10 |1200

Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang commented ·

Could you please tell me if you use this SDK in your game?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.