question

scott-4 avatar image
scott-4 asked

Can't install Playfab SDK for Unity

I'm having difficulty installing the Playfab SDK for Unity. I installed the latest Editor Extensions Package from Playfab's UnitySDK Github page, I'm able to import it and login inside the Unity editor, but when I go 'Install Playfab SDK' it just times out with the following error: "error:SharedErrorCallbackRequest timeout"

When I check the Playfab service availability, it's listing the API as operational, so why does it just timeout when I install the PlayFab SDK, and is there any workaround?

Thanks

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

This error message may be caused by network problems. As a workaround, you can download UnitySDK.unitypackage from GitHub - PlayFab/UnitySDK: Unity C# SDKs for PlayFab and manually import it into Unity. In fact, you can download and install the SDK only. For more info, please refer to Installing the PlayFab SDK for Unity - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.