question

elephrates avatar image
elephrates asked

PlayFab features,,Playfab features

Does playfab work for the following:

Leaderboard; three types of scores/ tables Missions/achievements Cloud saving/authentication In game purchases ie score, coins etc User sharing on socials to win items

My game is built in Unity btw. The features i need are similar to Subway surfers system

Also is it relatively easy for a nub like me to install and potentially use cross platform later ie pc, web etc? ,Does playfab work for the following:

Leaderboard; three types of scores/ tables Missions/achievements Cloud saving/authentication In game purchases ie score, coins etc not cross player trading or anything

My game is built in Unity btw. The features i need are similar to Subway surfers system

Also is it relatively easy for a nub like me to install and potentially use cross platform later ie pc, web etc? ,Does playfab work for the following:

Leaderboard; three types of scores/ tables Missions/achievements Cloud saving/authentication In game purchases ie score, coins etc

Also is it relatively easy for a nub like me to install and potentially use cross platform later ie pc, web etc?

Player DataLeaderboards and StatisticsIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

>>Leaderboard: three types of scores

PlayFab allows you to create 300 types of statistics for players and each statistics represent a leaderboard. You can refer to Tournaments & Leaderboards quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to have more information about Leaderboard.

>>tables Missions

What does the “table Missions” mean? Currently, PlayFab does not provide the mission feature, but you may implement the mission system by yourself. You may first set up your missions in Title Data, store the mission's name, mission completion conditions and mission rewards as JSON object. Please note that title data is suitable for storing global constant/static data. So, it’s not suitable for storing the player’s mission progress. You may use Azure Functions to update mission progress into User Read Only Data. You can check for completion and grant rewards in an Azure Function too.

>>achievements Cloud saving

PlayFab provide Player Data feature for you to store data for players, the achievements can be stored in User Read Only Data.

>>authentication In game purchases ie score, coins etc

PlayFab provides tutorials on how to set up In-App Purchasing (IAP) using PlayFab, the Unity + IAP Service, and the Android Billing API. For EconomyV2, you can refer to Getting started with Economy v2, Unity IAP, and Android - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. For Economy V1, you can refer to Getting started with PlayFab Economy (Legacy), Unity IAP, and Android - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. Also, Playfab support virtual currency purchase. For Economy V2, PlayFab provides APIs for players to buy catalog items with virtual currency, you can refer to Items and Inventory Overview - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. For Economy V1, you may refer to Items (Legacy Economy) quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

>> User sharing on socials to win items

PlayFab doesn’t directly provide a feature for social sharing, but it supports integration with social platforms like Facebook. And you may need to implement social sharing functionality yourself.

>> Also is it relatively easy for a nub like me to install and potentially use cross platform later ie pc, web etc?

As for ease of use and cross-platform support, PlayFab is designed to be developer-friendly and has extensive documentation and community support to help you get started. It also provides SDKs for various platforms including Unity, making it more convenient for cross-platform use. And if you have any questions while using PlayFab features, you can always post your questions to this forum to get professional help.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

elephrates avatar image elephrates commented ·

By table mission; I mean achievements basically; get x score and get x bonus for instance

Whats the difference with Economy v1 and v2? Is the former out of date or under supported?

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha elephrates commented ·

Although we are not deprecating Economy v1 and will maintain and support it for all titles, it's in bugfix-only mode; also, new Economy features are being developed only for Economy V2. Take a look at our FAQ for more information on the differences between the two versions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.