question

Glenn Kirk avatar image
Glenn Kirk asked

CloudScript (Legacy) vs CloudScript with Azure Functions pricing?

Hello,

I am trying to find relevant pricing information that clearly shows the differences between CloudScript (Legacy) and CloudScript with Azure Functions.

I've checked the PlayFab pricing page. The CloudScript section is empty, apart from a link that sends me to Azure Functions pricing page.

This is the most relevant and recent forum post I've found. It points me to the Pricing Meters page, but doesn't contain any actual prices for the services. The same forum post, when expanding the answer comments, has an image of legacy CloudScript prices, but does not contain a reference or date, so there is no guarantee they are up-to-date.

Please confirm a few questions:

Do legacy CloudScripts incur any additional charges on-top of the PlayFab API charges?

Are CloudScripts with AzureFunctions billed in the same way as legacy CloudScripts, but with extra costs for an Azure subscription, Azure API calls, Azure storage, and Azure bandwidth costs?

Is there an up-to-date list of CloudScript costs that you could link me to?

Thanks

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

Pricing Meters introduces the how to calculate the cloud script cost: you need to calculate the GB-s of CloudScript Execution Time that consumed by you. The minimum execution time and memory for a single function execution is 100ms and 128mb respectively. So, each script execution would consume 0.0128GB-s at least. As our documentation -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/development-mode said, the development mode title has the free quota of 20K GB-s CloudScript Execution Time and 200K Executions.

For PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions: CloudScript with Azure Functions is billed separately from PlayFab API calls. In addition to the cost charged by Azure Functions, PlayFab also charges the number of calls (Total Executions) made to Azure Functions via ExecuteFunction API calls, actions & rules, and scheduled tasks.

You may check your billing summary Billing Summary + Base Rate - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Glenn Kirk avatar image Glenn Kirk commented ·

Thank you for the clarification.

Where can I find the CloudScript execution time and memory pricing per GB? I am currently in the research phase, is this information available outside of the billing summary?

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

I find the price in my Billing Summary + Base Rate - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, it’s $0.0000190/GB-s. And I suggest you use azure function, legacy version will eventually be deprecated.

1 comment
10 |1200

Glenn Kirk avatar image Glenn Kirk commented ·

Excellent, thank you for the extra info.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.