question

Ákos Meiszter avatar image
Ákos Meiszter asked

PlayFab::PlayFabSettings::SetClientSessionTicket C++ Issue Unreal Engine 5.2.1

Hi all, having a bit of issue compiling when I try to use

PlayFab::PlayFabSettings::SetClientSessionTicket

It fails compiling with "unresolved external symbols"

Went through a couple of old posts in the matter, but could not find a solution for this. The required PlayFabSetitings.h is included also.

Thanks in advance.

6445-image.png

Authentication
image.png (11.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

In common situations, you don’t need to manually set the ClientSessionTicket, it will be set automatically after the login API is successfully called. May I know the reason that you want to set the ClientSessionTicket manually?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ákos Meiszter avatar image Ákos Meiszter commented ·

Hi thanks for the reply, in a nutshell we are logging in our users through a backend process and it does return the Client Session Ticket, what I would like to do is to set this value in the unreal side, so I could use client side APIs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Ákos Meiszter commented ·

We are still researching. As a workaround, you may try to use PlayFabCommon::PlayFabCommonSettings::clientSessionTicket = “Your Client SessionTicket”;and PlayFabCommon::PlayFabCommonSettings::entityToken = “Your Entity Token”; to set the ClientSessionTicket and Entity Token manually.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.