question

Fabricio Anzorena avatar image
Fabricio Anzorena asked

How can i re-login a Steam user after deletion?

I'm trying to add a "reset progress" option to the player. So far what i'm doing is unlinking the Steam user, deleting that old PlayFab User with a cloudscript, and trying to login with Steam again so a new fresh Steam user is created. Almost everything goes fine, except the re-login process fails with a invalid ticket error (101).

Is there any way to fix this flow, or a better way to clear the user data without needing to login again?

Thanks in advance.

Title DataAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

PlayFab will simply use Steam ticket to authenticate with Valve, and the invalid error is returned from Valve server. According to your description, the re-login process is for steam users to create and log in to a new playfab account using the LoginWithSteam API, you may try to obtain and use a new Steam authentication ticket to call the LoginWithSteam API to see if the problem still exists. You may also try to refer to LinkSteamAccount error 101 - Playfab Community to troubleshoot the issue.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Fabricio Anzorena avatar image Fabricio Anzorena commented ·

I was using the same method used to login at game start, which worked fine. But that made realise that i need to store and cancel the ticket, otherwise the method will just generate the same one again. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Fabricio Anzorena commented ·

If your issue resolved by using a new ticket, I’d be happy to hear that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.