question

kelvin avatar image
kelvin asked

Deleted users from Dashboard causing issues

Hi,

I was testing user accounts in PlayFab and deleted all my users from my game through the Dashboard. However, it seems like even though they do not show up in the Dashboard anymore, those accounts are still linked (Facebook, GooglePlay, Gamecenter, Custom, etc).

One issue I see is that one of my new accounts is linked through Facebook and it has a friend that's already linked through Facebook as well. However, that friend's account actually no longer exists in the Dashboard and I can't seem to remove the friend or unlink that friend account anymore.

Game ID - 55F7

Account that has friend that no longer exists.

ID - E454931492EE33C3

Friend Account that is deleted, but is still linked through Facebook. This account account needs to be removed some how.

ID - 321387A6DEE1ABE

Can someone from Playfab help look into this? Thanks.

dataFriendsgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correction and clarification:

When you use the delete player option, the player account is queued for deletion. The deletion process removes all title-specific aspects of the player - statistics, player data, title display name, inventory, etc.

However, the "core" of the player account lives at the Publisher ID level - that's where all the credentials live, as well as the Username. That's how you can have a player sign into one title, and then sign into another, and have all the data for that player be associated with a single PlayFab ID (and so, share data across titles using player publisher data).

Apologies for the confusion on this.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

renelie avatar image renelie commented ·

So, how do we delete the core player account the lives at the Publisher ID level then?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, players are queued for deletion when you use that option, so it can take some time for the account links to be available for new PlayFab accounts. There's a previous discussion on this here:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/13237/cant-re-add-a-player-after-removing-them-due-to-em.html

As stated there, we'll be improving this as soon as we can.

4 comments
10 |1200

kelvin avatar image kelvin commented ·

How long does it usually take to actually delete players from the queue?

I've had these players deleted from the Dashboard for at least a month or more now and the delete player is still there as a friend of a valid account.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kelvin commented ·

It varies, but I wouldn't expect more than a few minutes. It sounds like the issue is that friend PlayFab IDs aren't be cleared from the friends list. I'll file a bug for that.

0 Likes 0 ·
JULIEN MAIRAT avatar image JULIEN MAIRAT commented ·

Hi there,

I also have a similar issue after i deleted a user from the dashboard.

I then send a request to Register a Prefab User but it keep telling me that the email address is already in use. (the previously registered user that i deleted from the dashboard).

I am very sure that this email address is not used anymore since there are now 0 users in the dashboard.

After waiting for a entire day, i keep getting this error.

I would appreciate if you could look into it.

Thanks a lot,

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan JULIEN MAIRAT commented ·

Yes, as stated above, user accounts are queued for deletion when you do that. They are not immediately deleted. Until they are actually deleted, the email address won't be available. Again, we'll be updating to help simplify this as soon as we can.

0 Likes 0 ·
adilghaffar64 avatar image
adilghaffar64 answered

I deleted a player and waited for half an hour to complete the deletion process. And player is still not deleted. I can still login with that account without any error.

Game ID : A1E7

PlayFab ID : B752378B563C8F41

Hello,

I deleted a player from game manager and waited for half an hour and it was still not deleted completely. Can you tell me how long does it take. And is there a way to delete it immediately?

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

So, as stated above, when you delete a player from a title, you are deleting the title-specific data. The core of the player profile, containing the player publisher data and authentication methods, is all at the Publisher ID level. That's how we enable you to have a player use the same PlayFab ID across all your games (to make your analytics consistent) and give you the ability to share data for the player across games (for cross-title rewards, deciding what to promote, etc.). So yes, the login will still work - you'll be creating new title-level data for the player if you've previously deleted the player from the title.

0 Likes 0 ·
MarkStorch avatar image
MarkStorch answered
Hi @Brendan, is this functionality still as you described it earlier? We have multiple user accounts (at the publisher level) that no longer have any titles associated with them. However, they don't seem to ever get deleted/removed. I tried to query these accounts using their associated email address or username via the API /Admin/GetUserAccountInfo, with the IgnoreMissingTitleActivation set to "true" but encountered the following response:
{
    "code": 500,
    "status": "InternalServerError",
    "error": "InternalServerError",
    "errorCode": 1110,
    "errorMessage": "An unexpected error occured while processing the request.",
    "errorHash": "ff67b37fd77f7b228055d2eadb661f19",
    "errorDetails": {
        "RequestID": [
            "1-5be0b5e7-60782a60f96a80a08b3ecd20"
        ]
    }
}

Could there be a bug in the system for this use-case? If I set IgnoreMissingTitleActivation to "false" I receive the following (expected) result:

{
    "code": 400,
    "status": "BadRequest",
    "error": "TitleNotActivated",
    "errorCode": 1042,
    "errorMessage": "Title not activated"
}

Thanks!

Mark

5 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Correct - no changes. For us to look into this issue, can you please provide the Title ID and the specific workflow you used to delete the player account?

0 Likes 0 ·
MarkStorch avatar image MarkStorch brendan commented ·

Hi Brendan, the TitleID used was D17D and I tried to get account info for an account with the Email "a1stalpha0+f18jnwpt@intrepidstudios.com" using the /Admin/GetUserAccountInfo command via PostMan. Please let us know if you have ideas on why this wouldn't work. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan MarkStorch commented ·

Oh! Wow, I should have noticed that before - the IgnoreMissingTitleActivation parameter isn't supported yet. That's why it doesn't appear in the documentation - it's just in the example, which it shouldn't be. I'll file a bug on that.

How exactly was the user deleted? It looks like it was removed from the titles, but not from the studio (that is, that the title data was deleted without deleting the master record). What specific steps did you use to delete the player?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.