question

Pelle Ladegaard avatar image
Pelle Ladegaard asked

GetPlayersInSegment returns non-existent players

Hello all,

I'm currently facing an issue where if I call GetPlayersInSegment for a segment that includes all players, I receive as many profiles as is reported to exist according to the game manager. However, many of these returned profiles do not exist. I confirmed this by searching for the returned PlayFab IDs, of which many do not result in any found players in the game manager.

The non-existing profiles are populated with sensible information, and our project often requires us to delete PlayFab players from a title, so I speculate that deleted players are returned by the query.

Does anybody have a pointer what I can best do in my current situation?

Many thanks in advance!

Player Dataapis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

You may ignore those player accounts. If there is some impact due to this issue, you may open a support ticket and describe the impact in the ticket. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/paidtechnicalsupport#support-ticket-submission

11 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pelle Ladegaard avatar image Pelle Ladegaard commented ·

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your suggestion! This is also the current strategy that we employ to prevent any errors. This however isn't viable as a long-term solution.

The reason for that is because fetching users from a segment, which currently includes invalid users, returns the exact amount of profiles as there are valid ones found in the segment. This means that we are missing some valid profiles in our query. I'm afraid that the current state of fetching players in a segment doesn't allow our processes to run correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang Pelle Ladegaard commented ·

You may open a support ticket and describe the impact in the ticket. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/paidtechnicalsupport#support-ticket-submission. Or you can provide your title id/segment id, I will report this issue to the corresponding team.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pelle Ladegaard avatar image Pelle Ladegaard Infer Wang commented ·

Thank you for your answer! We would prefer to go with the second option at this point if that's okay for you. With that said here are the Id's as you requested: Title Id: BF4D9 Segment Id: 40D4C44E572B3DC0

We appreciate any help and please let us know if there's any other information we can provide to help the investigation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

I tested and reproduced this situation, however, few minutes later, it displayed normal. So no extra operation required, the backend just need some time to handle the change.

1 comment
10 |1200

Pelle Ladegaard avatar image Pelle Ladegaard commented ·

Hi Infer,

Thanks for the quick response! For our project however I'm seeing different results. We've been having this issue for at least a week now, and after testing for a couple of days I've encountered the same issue in every test thus far. I'm not sure if this could be of any relevance, but the title I'm testing on is employed by QA and is therefore actively in use throughout the day.

I was wondering, what method did you employ to test whether the profiles existed? I use the game manager for this purpose but if you use an API request PlayFab might perform differently in the background and clean up invalid profiles.

Greetings, Pelle Ladegaard.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.