question

David Antognoli avatar image
David Antognoli asked

APIClientRequestRateLimitExceeded for use case at public school

I am developing a game for a public school. In our test case, we have about 80 students that need to log in and play at once, from the school's IP address.

We actually tested the game last academic year and had no problems, but this academic year, several students are getting the APIClientRequestRateLimitExceeded error as they try to log in. Logging in only creates two api requests (log in and get user data). I don't think this can be streamlined further.

Is there anything we can do to work around this problem while we are in development? If we were to "launch" the title would that even fix it?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

The rate limiting of login requests is based on IP addresses, so the error message "APIClientRequestRateLimitExceeded" appears to be caused by many students logging in at the same IP address. Due to the incident : Login API Outage, we reduced the request rate for some login APIs. Could you tell us which login API you are using? If students are using API LoginWithCustomID or LoginWithPlayFab to log in, we recommend that you use API LoginWithEmailAddress instead, because this API has a larger rate limit, it should meet your requirement (about 80 students that need to log in and play at once). Also, this request limit is designed to protect all titles and services and launch the title won’t change the limit.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Antognoli avatar image David Antognoli commented ·

I will look into LoginWithEmailAddress, thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.