question

nicefriend avatar image
nicefriend asked

Unable to connect to Linux container.

[1]: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/directly-debugging-game-servers

Please understand that I used a translator.

I received the ssh key of the linux server and tried to connect using windows Powershell, but 'REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED' is output. You can access the linux server of the other studio I'm using in the same way. Why does this error occur?

multiplayer
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nicefriend avatar image nicefriend commented ·

6345-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (155.5 KiB)
Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang nicefriend commented ·

I’m sorry to tell you that we tested and found that currently there is some issue with VM connection. My team are working on it now, we will keep you posted on any updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

The VM works fine now. You may open PowerShell and run the command where is the hostname or IP address of the server you are trying to connect to. This will remove the old host key from your known_hosts file. Run the command again to connect to the server. You will see a message asking you to confirm the new host key fingerprint. Make sure it matches the one provided by the server administrator or displayed on the server console. If it does, type and press Enter to accept it. This will add the new host key to your known_hosts file. If you still get the same error, it means that there is another entry in your known_hosts file that conflicts with the new host key. You can either edit your known_hosts file manually and delete any duplicate or outdated entries or run the command to find out which line number in your known_hosts file corresponds to the server you are trying to connect to. Then run the command where is the number you found in the previous step. This will remove that specific entry from your known_hosts file. For more information on how to fix this error, you can refer to these sources: 3 Ways to fix remote host identification has changed

How To Fix “Warning: Remote Host Identification Has Changed” Error

ssh remote host identification has changed

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.