question

Dominic Wong avatar image
Dominic Wong asked

Missing fields in GetFriendsList SteamInfo

When I call GetFriendsList I can see SteamInfo for friends but only the SteamId is set and the other fields are empty.

I've tried setting PlayerProfileViewConstraints but that results in SteamInfo not being set at all.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but not sure what, any help would be appreciated!

Friends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

If the API you called is Client/GetFriendsList, then please note that the Client API only returns private account info specific to the calling players themselves, other players account info are not returned. You may retrieve other players account info (including steam info) using Server/GetFriendsList from the server side. For more details, you can refer to this thread : Identifying Steam friends vs other friends (SteamInfo result empty) - Playfab Community.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dominic Wong avatar image Dominic Wong commented ·

Hi Neils, thanks for your reply. I'm calling this from the Unity client and it's not recommended to use the Server API as you'd have to include the secret key with the app. Do you know if there's another way of getting the names/state of your Steam friends?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi Dominic Wong commented ·

Clients can retrieve Steam friends’ info by calling API server/GetFriendList via PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions, it won’t expose the secret key to the players. For more information, please refer to PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions Quickstart Guide - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.