question

metaverse avatar image
metaverse asked

Unreal engine 5.1 Integration with linux containers on playfab

I managed to deploy a healthy linux server on playfab's MPS following the documentation instructions but when I try to connect to it using a client-package of the game; the connection fails. So in order to understand the reason behind this I tried connecting to the VM using the SSH command given by the dashboard and that was easy... but the hard part is trying to find the game server logs inside docker. I used the "docker ps" command and the "docker inspect" command to find if the game server is running which was done successfully without issues showing that the server is indeed running. But when I tried using the "docker logs" command to check the logs nothing was returned; I tried multiple commands to try and find where is the directory/path of these logs but to no avail. So the question is: How can I find and open the log files of the game server that is running inside the docker container?

unrealCustom Game Servers
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

metaverse avatar image metaverse commented ·

Well after further debugging on the client-side of our game, it seems the connections failure is a result of an API call issue giving a "1382: MultiplayerServerBadRequest - MultiplayerServerBadRequest - ValidationError - There were errors during request validation" error. This error code number doesn't exist on your "Global API method error codes" webpage so I wonder if you could help me understand why is this error happening. Also, I still need to know how to find and open the log files of the game server that is running inside the docker container on the linux VM for future debugging and development purposes.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

To get the log inside the docker, you need to connect to the server first, then get inside the docker container, refer to Connect directly to debug game servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, then you can find the log file in your log file path.

For the “API call issue” you mentioned, could you please provide more detailed error message to us?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.