question

tombatsford avatar image
tombatsford asked

Is there any way to Create a character with data on it, similar to the grant items to users api call?

I am wondering if it is possible to create a character and add data to the character in the same API call, or does data have to be added to a character as a separate API call after the character has been granted?
Also as a side question, is it possible to access title data in Cloud Script without using an API call?

CloudScriptCharacter DataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Not currently, no. If that's something you'd like to see added to the Character API calls, I'd recommend adding that idea to our Feature Requests forum, so that others can see and "like" it (which helps us with prioritization).

For Title Data, the Cloud Script servers aren't pre-loaded with all Title Data for a game, as that could be a massive amount of data (which would then increase delays the first time a new logic server spins up for a title). If you want to have the data without waiting on the request call, I would recommend having it as a pre-defined constant in the script itself.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.