question

rolldev avatar image
rolldev asked

PlayFabOSS and dedciated server connection

How can I connected to Unreal dedicated server if I have port and ip address with integrated OSS?

The problem is when I am trying to connect, I receive timeout error like

[UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: PlayFab.4:4, Name: PlayFabNetConnection_2147481875, Driver: PendingNetDriver PlayFabNetDriver_2147481876, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, UniqueId: INVALID

The problem might be in Playfab networking driver and I am trying to follow the advice from https://community.playfab.com/questions/63099/how-should-we-be-setting-up-dedicated-servers-with.html

In this case I received the next error:

Warning: PLAYFAB: FPlayFabSocketSubsystem::GetAddressInfo is not supported on PlayFab Sockets
 [2023.09.01-17.58.06:890][ 44]LogPlayLevel: UAT: [2023.09.01-17.58.06:882][646]LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: , Name: IpConnection_2147481767, Driver: PendingNetDriver PlayFabNetDriver_2147481768, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, UniqueId: INVALID, Channels: 2, Time: 2023.09.01-17.58.06
 [2023.09.01-17.58.06:890][ 44]LogPlayLevel: UAT: [2023.09.01-17.58.06:882][646]LogNet: UNetConnection::SendCloseReason:

So how can I connect to the dedicated server if play fab OSS is integrated ?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

What do you want to do with PlayFab OSS? If you want to use PlayFab OSS as network library to implement the connection between client and Dedicate Server, PlayFab OSS doesn’t provide such feature. PlayFab OSS provides features such as cross-talk, cross-play, and accessibility features like real-time text chat translation and voice transcription services, you may refer to PlayFab Online Subsystem (OSS) - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to have more information. If I understand incorrectly, please feel free to let me know.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rolldev avatar image rolldev commented ·

Thanks for the quick response!

The document says that PlayFab OSS also support matchmaking.

This document tells how integrate dedicated servers into playfab matchmaking [https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/multiplayer-servers]

Can I use PlayFabOSS to connect to those dedicated servers, I will obtain from matchmaking ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha rolldev commented ·

The doc: Integrating with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn you mentioned is integrating Matchmaking with PlayFab MPS service instead of UE Dedicate Server and need to enable the server allocation for the queue to get the server details. Also, Playfab OSS does support matchmaking, but playfab matchmaking service only provides a way to build matchmaking into your game and offers a system to help your users find each other, it cannot be used to connect to the Dedicated Server, you may need to implement the client-server connection function by yourself.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.