question

bdragos avatar image
bdragos asked

Email address says it's in use when account related to it was deleted already

My problem is that a user can't use their email to signup for an account because it is in use by a deleted account. From researching other similar issues on this forums it seems like its supposed to enter a queue and be deleted after a maximum of 28 days but it's been months and this email still says it's in use. And as far as I can tell from this post https://community.playfab.com/questions/32486/master-player-deletion.html

The fix has to be manually done on playfab's end. If someone could please let me know if this is no longer the case or if there are other further steps I can take It would be greatly appreciated!

apissupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

As you said, deleting Master Player Account will queue the user account for deletion. And if you want to re-use the login credentials immediately, you should unlink it first before deleting it. Do you have the access to submit a support ticket? If so, you can follow this document: SUPPORT TICKET SUBMISSION to submit a support ticket.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bdragos avatar image bdragos commented ·

Is there a way to open a ticket to fix this for non-standard accounts?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi bdragos commented ·

Could you provide the PlayFabIds of the players stuck in the delete queue and your TitleId so that we can try to resolve the issue for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
bdragos avatar image bdragos Neils Shi commented ·

Is there an email I can send that info to? I would like to not publicly share that information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.