question

arnavsanghavi avatar image
arnavsanghavi asked

Failed to deliver to mobile device. Check that the device is registered for push notifications. Error: iOS Push Notification Failed: Title configuration for push notification platform is expired or Invalid...

Hi, I seem to be getting an error when trying to send a push notification.

6313-262763844-c3cf2c3c-81b6-4834-9686-d33f022f393f.png

I checked all the certificates and they don't expire till 2024. Regardless I created a new one and uploaded it without errors. But the error still persists. I couldn't find any information about this error. So any help would be appreciated.

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

arnavsanghavi avatar image
arnavsanghavi answered

I managed to get the certificates working and get rid of the error. but now when I try to register for push notifications it always gives me the device ID as null.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi commented ·

If you mean when you call API RegisterForIOSPushNotification, you always get the null Device Token, did you call the “NotificationServices.RegisterForNotifications” method before trying to obtain the push token? For more info, please refer to Push Notification for iOS - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Could you try to use the API SendPushNotification to send notifications again? Also, you can refer to the Troubleshooting iOS to make sure you have set up the Notification properly. And as mentioned in this post, you should check that you are using the production certificate correctly instead of the development certificate.

4 comments
10 |1200

arnavsanghavi avatar image arnavsanghavi commented ·

Hi @Neils Shi, I tried everything that the troubleshooting mentioned and it seems to still be the same. It was working fine before but this error appears all of a sudden. Also checked that i am using a production certificate .

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi arnavsanghavi commented ·

Have you tried using the API SendPushNotification to send notifications? Does this also give the same error?

0 Likes 0 ·
arnavsanghavi avatar image arnavsanghavi Neils Shi commented ·

Is this the same as the GUI to send push notification to a specific user on the player overview window? If so then yes I have tried it and it gives me the same error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.