question

Koya Tamura avatar image
Koya Tamura asked

How can I obtain the TLS certificate for the PlayFab Multiplayer Server?

I am running a Linux docker image on PlayFab Multiplayer Server. The clients are built with Unity for iOS/Android/Standalone/Nintendo Switch (not WebGL). I would like the clients to connect securely via WebSocket.

I assume in this case, I need to obtain a TLS certificate from sources like Let's Encrypt and then upload that certificate when creating a New Build on PlayFab Multiplayer Server.

How can I obtain this TLS certificate?

I believe the domain assigned to the PlayFab Multiplayer Server is in the format xxx.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com. However, since I don't own this domain, I think I can't obtain a certificate for it.

Thank you for your assistance!

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

Can you check this project and let us know if it can work for you? https://github.com/PlayFab/MultiplayerServerSecureWebsocket

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Koya Tamura avatar image Koya Tamura commented ·

Thank you, I'll check out this repository. By the way, there's a certificate upload form when creating a New Build on PlayFab Multiplayer Server. When should this be used?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.