question

tommaso07brignoli avatar image
tommaso07brignoli asked

Two questions about Party and Player Management

Hi there, i have a few questions regarding the Unreal Engine Blueprint API and PlayFab in general, so i'm just gonna dump them all here:

1. How can you give a player some default values when registering, such as currency (v2) and other specific values, such as rank?

2. How can you implement Party functionality using Blueprints? I am not able to find those nodes anywhere.

Thanks for your time.

In-Game Economyunrealmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

You can create a rule which triggered by the event “player_added_title”, then set the action that adding Economy v2 currency via calling AddInventoryItems API in Azure Function. And if you use the PlayFab Leaderboard, then PlayFab doesn’t support changing the rank position in a leaderboard directly, the only thing can be changed is the player statistic value, you can call UpdatePlayerStatistics to update the statistic value in Azure Function. For more info, please refer to Actions & Rules quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. Currently PlayFab Party does not support Unreal blueprint, therefore, you may use C++ to interact with our Party feature. If you wish to add Blueprint interface for Party, you may post a feature request for it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.