question

Chethan V avatar image
Chethan V asked

How to provide the URL which will enable players to delete their Playfab data as per the new Data Safety form in Google Play Console

Hi as per the latest data safety form in Google Play Console , it wants me to add a link so that users can use to request that their account and associated data is deleted. In my game I collect a user's email-id, username and password only for the purpose of multiplayer game as such. But now google is asking me to add the link so that these details can be deleted . How do I do that?

Also how can I make sure that the user himself and not someone else is responsible for the deletion of the data? This can be made possible if there is some confirmation email can be sent to the user's mail box, but how do I do that?

I searched everywhere but I got this answer but it doesn't talk about the user deleting the data so I am asking here..

You can see the screenshot of the questions in the google play console here:

6257-chrome-mpsjyezkj4.png

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Unfortunately, we're not familiar with Google policy, nor do we know what kind of URL Google requires. If the URL is a website URL, playfab doesn’t provide such URL, you may need to implement the website by yourself. And you can call Delete Master Player Account API to delete all data about the user. For more information about data protection, you may refer to PlayFab GDPR - Deleting and Exporting Player Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chethan V avatar image Chethan V commented ·

OK thanks for the answer, I will surely try to check this and let u know how it turns out to be

0 Likes 0 ·
hak99922 avatar image hak99922 Chethan V commented ·

Did you find anything?

0 Likes 0 ·
Chethan V avatar image Chethan V hak99922 commented ·

@hak99922 I found some answer, but it is not working

0 Likes 0 ·
Chethan V avatar image Chethan V commented ·

Sorry for the late reply , but I tried using something like this :

private void DeleteUserData()
     {
         var request = new DeleteMasterPlayerAccountRequest
         {
             TitleId = PlayFabSettings.staticSettings.TitleId,
             PlayFabId = "USER_PLAYFAB_ID_TO_DELETE" // You need to replace this with the actual PlayFab ID of the user you want to delete.
         };

PlayFabClientAPI.DeleteMasterPlayerAccount(request, OnUserDataDeleted, OnError);
     }

But the command DeleteMasterPlayerAccountRequest is marked with red squiggly line. Also I tried using intellisense for some word with delete , but none were there. Also I tried to type the word remove but only things like Removefriendlist ,etc were there. But none were connected with remove the player as such. Can you help me here ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Chethan V avatar image Chethan V Chethan V commented ·

If no one is replying after waiting so long, I have no other option than change my backend service

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Chethan V commented ·

Sorry for the late reply. The DeleteMasterPlayerAccount API is an Admin API not Client API. And we do not recommend calling the Admin API on client side for security reason (the Developer Secret Key should not be exposed to client, it may be abused by hackers), you may implement an Azure Function to call the Admin API and call the Function on the client side by calling ExecuteFunction.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.